Serato is one of the world leaders in audio software for professional DJs, producers and musicians. World-renowned artists such as DJ Snake, Questlove, A-Trak, Jasmine Solano and Snoop Dogg love our products and perform with them on a regular basis.
A rare opportunity has opened up within our team and we are looking for a self motivated individual to join Serato as our Legal Adviser, to join us in this flexible/part time opportunity. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you would be involved in various tasks such as
- Reviewing and drafting legal documentation in a way that benefits the strategic direction of Serato across all areas of the business, including software development and integration, sales and marketing, privacy, intellectual property licensing, media and consumer law.
- Providing legal opinions, information, and recommendations to the executive team and other areas of the business.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the law (locally and globally) to ensure Serato is legally compliant and risk is managed appropriately.
- Managing Serato's trade mark portfolio and providing recommendations in conjunction with external council to the business related to trade mark matters (e.g registration, defence, infringement, and enforcement)
- Assisting marketing with legal agreements and advice in relation to marketing material and IP compliance
- Assisting with music and photography licensing and artist/ influencer agreements
- Monitoring of website and images for IP compliance
- Liaising with external council on legal matters when necessary
Things we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analysis and interpretation skills
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work unsupervised and highly self-motivated
- Bachelor degree in Law
- You must hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate as a lawyer in New Zealand
- Experience dealing with intellectual property, software development and integration, media, consumer and general commercial law matters in an international context.
- Understanding of the legal complexities of selling globally online.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification (with at least 1 year in-house) experience is preferable
This role would be required to fulfill 25-30hrs per week, so would suit someone who is also looking for some flexible working hours.
At Serato, our culture is of the utmost importance, and so finding someone who can also integrate well with the team and company, sharing our values of having fun whilst working hard and continually improving, is as important as ticking all the boxes. If you love technology and music and want to work at a company with a great culture, this could be the role for you.