About the UX Designer position
We are looking for an experienced UX / Interaction designer to help us design, prototype and test our world leading software products and web platform.
You are analytical and creative. You are detail oriented and ask a lot of questions. You are self motivated, proactive and happy to organise and facilitate meetings with your workmates. You can grasp user needs, and if you don’t have answers, you know how to get them. You can solve problems and clearly communicate and document solutions. You have a strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects.
You will work closely with our Product Owners and Marketing Team to deliver our customers the best possible experience.
With support from the Head of Experience, you will help our teams understand our users, design the right thing and then design the thing right.
The main activities the UX Designer will be involved in:
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Identifying user problems, and work with the team to devise solutions through prototyping
- Taking a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs with users and the team
- Using and to be an active champion of our company personas
- Planning and implementing user research, design research (prototype testing) and usability testing with support from the Head of Experience
- Documenting and present research findings through reports, presentations or workshops
- Working with stakeholders, including product owners, development and strategy to define, document and specify final solutions
- Assisting the web designers in designing final interfaces
- Asking smart questions
- Helping POs and Marketing teams make strategic design and user-experience decisions
- Assisting with post launch analysis of ideas and products
- Creating and presenting customer journey maps
- Being an advocate for user centered design and design thinking across all Serato business units
- Employing a strong understanding of UX and web design best practices, keeping up with industry trends
- Helping facilitate workshops, meetings and internal company communication
Essential skills and experience we are looking for in a UX Designer:
- Proven experience with designing for web, mobile or web platforms
- Strong interaction design skills such as wireframing, user flows, customer journey mapping
- Has worked within a cross discipline design and development team
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma or similar prototyping tools
- Can create interactive prototypes for testing and design specification purposes
- Has conducted usability tests
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong interaction documentation skills
- Experience with Design Systems
- Proven experience with optimising ecommerce platforms and A/B testing a bonus
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide range of music
- Experience in DJing and/or music production a bonus
Attributes that are important for us to find in a great candidate:
- A team player
- Great at managing stakeholder relationships
- Personable, yet has the ability to be assertive
- Clear communicator
Serato is a homegrown New Zealand company that is successful in the global market. We are growing in size but have managed to maintain our non-corporate, music-loving culture. We aim to find people who want to work within a culture that is passionate about music and creating world class software products and web platform.
If you love technology and music and want to work at a company with a great culture, this could be the role for you.