This is a role in Serato’s Product team that will have a focus on the Serato websites, and web technology enabled features for Serato’s other products.
With support from the Head of Web Strategy, you will be working closely with the UX, Marketing, and Web teams to understand the customer and business needs, and prioritise the project backlog accordingly.
Your goal is to ensure the outcomes are widely understood, clearly documented, built to a high standard, gives customers a great user experience, and delivers value to the organisation.
Taking direction from the Head of Web Strategy, as well as considering the various business strategic and tactical goals, you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Maintaining a well-defined product backlog for the Serato Website and other online projects, with clear and concise user stories.
- Regularly reporting to senior management on the state of the website and its backlog.
- Identifying process problems and work with the team to help improve overall effectiveness.
- Working with stakeholders to define, document and specify solutions.
- Translating user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes into user stories.
- Helping UX and Marketing teams make strategic design and user-experience decisions.
Essential skills and experience we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience as a product manager for web, mobile, or web platforms
- Experience planning Agile (or similar) team based work
- Has a good understanding of web technologies and user experiences in ecommerce and entertainment
- Has managed the work priorities for a development team
- Has Business Analyst or similar process and feature investigation and analysis experience
- Has created specification documentation for use during feature development
- Has worked within a cross discipline design and development teams
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
Secondary skills and experience that would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma or similar prototyping tools
- Experience with optimising ecommerce platforms and A/B testing
- Experience with Design Systems
- Can create wireframes or interactive prototypes for testing and design specification purposes
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide range of music
- Experience in DJing and/or music production
Attributes that are important for us to find in a great candidate:
- A team player
- Great at managing stakeholder relationships,
- Personable, yet has the ability to be assertive,
- Clear communicator
Serato is a homegrown New Zealand company that is successful in the global market. We are growing in size but have managed to maintain our non-corporate, music-loving culture. We aim to find people who want to work within a culture that is passionate about music and creating a world class web platform for users to access our products.
If you love technology and music and want to work at a company with a great culture, this could be the role for you.